History

Est. 1882

The Founding of the Chapel

The church was founded in 1882 to bridge between the "rich and the poor" in the community. It was built with help from the congregation at Hackney Downs and opened the following year as the first Baptist church to serve South Tottenham. The building was designed by Paull and Bonella as an imposing red-brick building dressed in Bath stone, with rounded staircase turrets at the west end and a central ventilating turret.

THE FIRST PASTORS

Pastor William R. Skerry (1883-1889)

Pastor G. Hay Morgan (1890-1900)

Pastor Richard Richard (1901-1906)

Pastor William R. Skerry (1907-1914)

A Photo of Pastors and Deacons from the year 1910

 .